Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We accept you, one of us. Gobble! Gobble!

I have long considered myself a freak. Before you go saying, 'but you don't look like a freak,' consider this:

Freak is defined in the OED as 1. a monstrosity; an abnormally developed individual or thing. 2. an abnormal, irregular or bizarre occurrence. 3. a an unconventional person. b a person with a specified enthusiasm or interest. c a person who undergoes hallucinations; a drug addict. & 4. a caprice or vagary.

While it is arguable that I am not a physical monstrosity in an aesthetic sense (depends on your perspective), my brain most certainly is abnormally developed. I'm probably smarter than 98-99% of the world's population. I'm not bragging, it's a fact (and another arguable one at that if you are the type who is inclined to dismiss the validity of IQ tests, which I am & you should be, too). However, my freakish brain does make me seem 'unconventional' according to modern standards of normalcy (whatever THOSE are!) & as such, I am prone to vagaries (my profound enthusiasm for poetry, horror, & the uncanny, for instance) & bizarre vulgarities (naked ladies & balls!).

As for drugs, well, I have been known to ingest the occasional fortifying spirit & herbal remedy, but I haven't had any hallucinations that I know of since the last terrible fever I had. When I'm feverish, I hear voices & see the Devil! Or perhaps it was during my experimental Gravol phase in highschool...

...

Yeah.

...

Two other obsessions of mine are self-portraiture and sideshows. I <3 SIDESHOWS. I've never had the terrifying pleasure of attending a real, live freakshow, and sadly, never will, except maybe Coney Island. Most of what you see today (which is VERY little) is a gaffe. Real freaks just aren't PC.

So, I've decide to combine these two obsessions (self-portraiture & sideshows) for a spectacular display of the truly bizarre.

Step right up, folks. Come closer. Closer. What you are about to see will captivate you, frighten you, delight you & maybe ... even shock you. That's right folks, just what you've been waiting for. You have to see it to believe it. What we have here are the most beautiful, the most enchanting, the most terrifyingly lovely women you will ever set your eyes upon. Men have died just looking at them! I kid you not! Step right up. Step in and take a look. You won't be disappointed.

rosa violetta, the half-woman

serpentina. if you could bend like her, you'd never leave the house

susi, the swamp girl

lana, white cannibal queen

hirsute hilary, darwin's missing link
 And the pièce de résistance :

eeny, meeny, miney & moe: conjoined quadruplets!
...

Sorry, folks no naked ladies here; this show's family friendly. (You didn't think I was THAT kind of girl, did you?)

Bah, who am I kidding!

Some tasteful photos from back in the day when it was actually scandalous to be naked/nearly naked in a non-sexual way. Nudity for art's sake. Or for Art's sake...

pretty
sexy
...

Upon Julia's Clothes
Robert Herrick

Whenas in silks my Julia goes,
Then, then, methinks, how sweetly flows
That liquefaction of her clothes.

Next, when I cast mine eyes and see
That brave vibration each way free;
O how that glittering taketh me !

...

No comments:

Post a Comment